Open OnDemand tips and tricks calls

With agreement from the OOD steering committee, I would like to start organizing monthly calls about tips and tricks of OOD’s setup and usage. The idea is to have a monthly 1/2 hour call on the first Thursday of the month at 10am PT/ 11am MT / 12pm CT / 1pm ET.

The first call will be on 10/7 with topic “Create an Open OnDemand interactive app quickly from an existing template”. I’ll show some of our (University of Utah’s) growing list of OOD apps and how we set up a new one in minutes based on an existing VNC or server app. Then we can have a discussion on what other sites do to their apps and possibly grab a speaker for next time if there’s an interest in a specific solution.

The Zoom connection information is below, hopefully noone will bomb it. If someone has a better idea how to share the meeting link, let me know.

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 978 1087 0320
Passcode: 381928

Thanks and looking forward to starting sharing our OOD tricks.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone that attended yesterday’s call. It was exciting to see everyone and share our experiences.

The call document is at October 7 2021 OOD Tips&Tricks call - Google Docs.

Video from the call is at 100721.mp4 - Google Drive.

Our next call will be on Thursday 11/4 at 1pm ET.

1 Like

Our next call will be Nov 4, 2021 1pm ET / 12pm CT / 11am MT / 10am PT

Ping Luo of Yale University will talk about Supporting classes with CAS-enabled OOD.

Again we’ll plan for 15 minutes presentation, followed by discussion.

Register in advance for this meeting:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. The registration will be valid for the next 12 meetings.