We are pleased to announce the release of Open OnDemand 2.0.
Highlights of Open OnDemand 2.0 include the list below. Please note that there are breaking changes and they’re detailed in the 2.0 Release notes linked below.
- Pinned Apps: Enhanced app launch interface using large app icons on the dashboard
- Custom dashboard widgets and layout
- New File Manager app
- Tighter integration between the Dashboard, Active Jobs, and Files apps
- Adding metadata to app manifests
- Shell app now has themes
- Configurations in an ondemand.d directory
- Changes in All Apps page layout
- ERB formats for Message of the day
- Control whether an app link opens in a new window using manifest attribute
- Memcached Ruby gem available for use in apps
- Dependency updates
Release notes and upgrade information can be found here:
Also note that there may be more patches released in the 2.0 series. Watch the Milestone for 2.0.x
OOD2.0 Patch Release Milestone · GitHub for the upcoming updates to 2.0. You can also watch for releases on Github to get notifications of when releases are made!