Issue with dashboard after update to 2.0.10 from 2.0.9

After updating from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 the dashboard is not looking right. The navbar text color is not correct and the text size is not correct. There is also a navbar collapse that does nothing and everything on the dashboard is now all left justified.

Can you try in a private window or with dev tools disable the cache? Your browser may have cached 209’s CSS.

Private browsing does the same. Removing the cache does not change either

What about restarting the webserver? Does the console log in dev tools say anything that may indicate an error? I can’t replicate with our deployment.

When I looked in my pun error log I found:
pp 1595 output: /opt/ood/ondemand/root/usr/share/gems/2.7/ondemand/2.0.9/gems/actionpack-5.2.6/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/cookies.rb:647: warning: Using the last argument as keyword parameters is deprecated; maybe ** should be added to the call
App 1595 output: /opt/ood/ondemand/root/usr/share/gems/2.7/ondemand/2.0.9/gems/activesupport-5.2.6/lib/active_support/message_encryptor.rb:150: warning: The called method encrypt_and_sign' is defined here App 1595 output: /opt/ood/ondemand/root/usr/share/gems/2.7/ondemand/2.0.9/gems/activesupport-5.2.6/lib/active_support/message_encryptor.rb:175: warning: Using the last argument as keyword parameters is deprecated; maybe ** should be added to the call App 1595 output: /opt/ood/ondemand/root/usr/share/gems/2.7/ondemand/2.0.9/gems/activesupport-5.2.6/lib/active_support/messages/metadata.rb:17: warning: The called method wrap’ is defined here

So I did a yum remove on the 2.0.9 gems and reinstalled the 2.0.10 gems. But I am still getting the same results even after restarting httpd if the gems didn’t get updated is there anything else I should try?

I meant your browser’s console logs in the developer tools. Do colleagues of yours see the same thing? Are you able to try other browsers or platforms other than FF/Ubuntu?

Yes I am using FF/ubuntu and I have tried FF/Windows. In the browser consol I see only this warning message:

This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”.

I am the only one on the server at the moment. This is not yet a production service.

I removed the dashboard app then reinstalled ondemand and now it works.

OK yea the other platform is enough to show that it’s an issue with the server and not the client.

If anyone else sees this

Check this directory for assets that may have been left from the previous install.

ls /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard/public/assets/ -lrta

Notably hidden sprockets files and/or files that are older than the expected file (files left from the previous install).

.sprockets-manifest-*