Interactive Desktop dconf Error

Hello, I am testing Interactive Desktop with MATE. When I launched the desktop, I got the bunch of dconf permission errors. I would appreciate it if you could give me any advice to resolve the issue.

Starting websocket server... The system default contains no modules (env var: LMOD_SYSTEM_DEFAULT_MODULES is empty) No changes in loaded modules Launching desktop 'mate'... (process:8269): dconf-CRITICAL **: 15:13:33.612: unable to create directory '/run/user/928741/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly. (process:8269): dconf-CRITICAL **: 15:13:33.622: unable to create directory '/run/user/928741/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly. (process:8269): dconf-CRITICAL **: 15:13:33.713: unable to create directory '/run/user/928741/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.

Best

Hello,

we don’t get an error with dconf,probably because we allow users to write to those dirs, but a lot of warnings that clog up the log file. So, we export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/${UID}" or unset XDG_RUNTIME_DIR, as described at:

I’d give that a shot.

HTH,
MC

Thanks MC. It worked!

Best,
GP

Nice GH repo @mcuma! Thanks for the support.

I got the same error when updating from OOD 1.6.3 to 1.7.11, and unsetting XDG_RUNTIME_DIR fixed that, so thank you @mcuma!